nuffnang ads

Friday, March 18

on being a better Muslim


01.01.11
That's the mark where I have decided to permanently wear hijab.
I made the right choice.
I wear it because I want to, it's about time.

On the first day I wear hijab to the office, everyone was surprised and keep on praising me but the truth is I think there is no need to fuss and praise me because wearing hijab is a part of a Muslim's identity. It is what separate us from the others. Before I wear hijab, I was too carefree, sometimes my head was way up in the sky. I was the only person in the family who doesn't wear hijab. I wear what I like, flaunting my hair, I used to straighten and colour it. A muslim should not colour his/her hair because it is haram. A muslim cannot dye his/her hair but colour them with henna is allowed because it allows your wudhu to be valid. But, you should embrace your grey hair because on the day of judgement (kiamat), if you are a faithful Muslim, your grey hair will be shining. But there are other sayings about colouring hair according to Islam, I am not so sure about it, but if you don't know and unsure about it, why risk it? to make your wudhu valid is the most important because if your wudhu is not valid, then you cannot perform the solat. I wear tudung because I want to be a better Muslim. There are still flaws, but I'm still learning.

p/s: As you can see, I love to wear pashmina, what's your fave?

No comments:

Post a Comment

your comments are appreciated and i will try to reply them a.s.a.p