nuffnang ads

Friday, June 25

me and my friends

A friend is someone we turn to when our spirits need a lift.
A friend is someone we treasure for our friendship is a gift.
A friend is someone who fills our lives with beauty, joy and grace.
And makes the world we live in a better and happier place.
Jean Kyler McManus

A friend is someone we know regardless how long, whether it is just yesterday or since kindergarten. A friend is someone that we can rely on when we feel helpless, someone that lend their shoulder for us to cry on and a good listener who really listen.

It is better to have one special good friend that we know we can count on rather than have many friends who we do not know whether we can count on them.

We started having friends since we are in school. We may have someone who we share our lunch together, we play together, sit together in class, share secrets and so on. At that time, we really cherish and appreciate our friend more than we did now. I remember begging mama to buy a present for a friend at school. It was the first time I gave someone a present. It was a music box and it is not expensive but we were children at that time and mothers could not let us buy unnecessary things. I knew that she wanted one because after school, she kept looking at a pink music box that has ballerina twirling in it. I wanted that music box too, when we bought the music box, I had thoughts that maybe I don’t have to give it to her and keep it to myself…but in the end, I gave it to her on her birthday. I received a hug in return that I still remember even though it was a long time ago. Better a memorable hug that I still remember than a music box that will get broken later.yeay me!

I used to have people who hate me when I was in primary school. It was a silly misunderstanding saying that I was stealing her boyfriend, hence I was bestow with a nickname “perampas”. I received letter almost everyday and I usually ignore it as I was more matured than them as I got my period sooner than they did at the age of 9.yes..NINE years old. Later, me and that girl ended up being best friend and only got separated because we went to different middle school. How funny I ended up being good friends with people that other people don’t like. They kept asking me “why did you befriends with her?” and I reply “umm…why can’t i?” later, I realize that my friends distance themselves from me because I become good friends with people that they don’t like. But then, I saw it in a good way because when they separate themselves from me, I realize that Allah SWT has open my eyes and let me see who are my real friends and who are pretending to be one. I ended up having good friends that I still keep in touch till now.yeay me!

But, not all of my good friends I could rely on. I remember I have this one friend who kept boasting telling me that her father is a “Datuk”, that she has several house, have a huge cat house at the back of the back of her house, her brothers and sisters are engineer, doctor and a lawyer. I believed her but later found out that she is an only child, both her parents are quite old, her father is an “imam” and her mother is a housewife. They do not have a huge cat house in their backyard. I was on my way home, riding on a bus and I saw her walking towards a rather not so glamorous house as what she told me. Later, a friend who attended the same kindergarten spill the truth with a back up from another friend who is her neighbor. I was deeply angry and wanted to confront her the next day. But when I got to school, I changed my mind thinking that maybe that is the way she pictured her life and the life that she wanted. I just go on with her lies. At the end of school days, I tell her that I knew about her lies long ago and she denies them profusely. I told her, it’s okay and I still be her friend. She just cries and say sorry. I lost contact with her and someone told me that she has move and married. I still remember her face. She got freckles on her face that makes her look cute and really fair skin.

I lost contact with friends and gain new ones but the new ones will never replace the old ones because they are unique in their own way. CHEERS TO FRIENDSHIP!

Sincerely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

your comments are appreciated and i will try to reply them a.s.a.p