nuffnang ads

Tuesday, November 8

my job interview experience

Great interviews come from hardwork. I believe everyone can ace job interview if they did their homework; this includes company's profile and background, understanding of job requirements, facts and current issues about the company, etc...

For today interview, I did a thorough check on the company and its job requirement. I also read about some useful tips on what should or what not before, during and after the interview session. I even practice on what to say to my potential employer on how to promote myself and make myself employable. Among many questions ask is "tell me about yourself". It is the most ancient but almost a must in every interview meeting. I came upon a tip on how to tackle this sort of question. It's kinda a trick question, although it is not specific...you can't go randomly talking about your life. Potential employer didn't really ask about your hobbies, relationship status and how you spend your free time. They really want to hear about your previous employment (if any), work/academic achievements, what you want to get out of the job you are currently applying, your strengths...in short, you have to promote yourself and tell the employer why you are the best candidate for the job.



It is really important to come at least 20mins early before the time stated. This is because, you never know what last minute business that might occur, for example, my friend arrive about an hour early to his interview meeting, he got lost finding HR department as the email he received about the venue is not specific, once he got there, he realize he lost his resume...he thought it might have slipped while he was busy looking for the venue, thus he rush to the nearest cybercafe and print out his resume. By the time he arrive, he was still 15mins early. As for me, I arrive 35mins early. I panicked when the road is heavy with traffic jams and thankfully I made it as planned. It took me 15mins to go around looking for the office. By the time I arrived, I was panting and all the facts about the company that I've memorized, slipped away. I took a seat with the rest of the candidates, calm myself and retrieve information that I've already memorized..but most importantly, never be late for an interview. If you get a strict future employee, you can say goodbye to your application because first impression is always important.

During the interview, I did what I read on interview tips. But as they say, you can plan but you never know what's gonna happen. The interviewer at first seem impressed on how I answer his question and how I deliver it. I was confident but not overly confident, I was calm and collected. But then, the interviewer seems to be interested on what I did during my break because I've been jobless for almost half a year. So I blabber about my online business and I accidently said that I don't want to work under people forever, I want to have my own business at an early age and so. It's too late to take it all back. I worriedly think that he must be thinking that I only work so that I can support my business which is not good. I hurriedly said that I don't want to stop the business if anything happen, because if I start committing to something, I'm all out and I give my best and I don't like things that are halfway done. I hope that repair the damage.

After the session ended, I got confuse on the outcome. He said that I have to undergo another interview, to discuss which department I will be assigned to. Did I get the job?

to be cont....

No comments:

Post a Comment

your comments are appreciated and i will try to reply them a.s.a.p